Care and Maintenance
With virgin hair extensions, you will have minimal to no shedding or tangling, but you have to maintain and properly care for your hair.
Your hair can last up to 12 months or more. You must keep your hair clean. When dirt accumulates on the hair, it will start to tangle. Too much hair products and leave-in conditioners will cause the hair to feel dry and heavy and it will tangle much faster. To avoid this, your virgin hair should be co-washed at least once every 7-10 days.
Protect your investment and add longevity to your hair by sealing your wefts. Weft reinforcement will prevent any shedding over time.
Shampoo and Conditioning.
We recommend that you co-wash your hair, gradually wetting the hair, and combing (using a wide tooth comb) the hair starting from the ends and gradually making your hair to the top of the weft. When finished, it is best to air dry the hair and comb it to the style you like and let it air dry. We recommend that you don't use heat because that can damage the hair but low to medium heat can be used to blow dry hair.
Never sleep on wet hair! Make sure your hair is completely dry. Do not over blow dry your hair as it can cause it to lose its natural shine.
When sleeping, exercising or swimming, we recommend that you braid the hair in a few braids to avoid tangling.
Do’s & Don’ts
– Before installing your virgin hair, conditioner wash (co-wash) hair first with a moisturizing conditioner like Organix Moroccan Argon Oil conditioner.
– Brush and detangle your hair prior to washing with paddle brush or wide-tooth comb.
– Do not cut the wefts or tracks of your virgin hair. This will cause shedding. Your stylist or you should use the fold over method to install the hair. If the wefts must be cut please seal with weft sealant prior to installing.
– Co-wash hair at least once a week. Do not over shampoo your hair, this will cause dryness. Shampoo 1-2 times a month. If your hair feels heavy or oily please use a clarifying shampoo.
– Air dry your virgin hair. Squeeze out excess water and air dry hair.
– When combing hair, gently comb hair with a paddle brush or wide-tooth comb. Begin combing small sections at the ends, working up towards the scalp.
– When styling with heating tools it is very important to use a heat protectant serum or spray that is ALCOHOL FREE. Oil base product and alcohol will fry the hair.
– Prior to bedtime, wrap, braid, plait, pin curl or roller set your hair and use a satin/silk cap or scarf.
– Prior to going swimming wash and leave the conditioner on your hair. This will help prevent the salt water and chlorine from drying out your extensions.
– If you bleach, tint, perm, or use extreme heat on hair you risk drying out your hair extensions. This might cause your hair to shed and tangle. We cannot guarantee the longevity of any hair that has been processed or chemically treated. Deep condition hair after chemically treating hair.
– If you notice your hair is starting to get dry, sheds, damaged, or tangles, use silicon mix to deep condition the hair. After washing hair – Saturate and let silicon mix sit in hair for 1 hour or more. For super deep conditioning, place hair in zip lock bag then microwave for 60 seconds. Let hair sit in bag for 1 hour or more. Wash out thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Get added to our mailing list!!